You served your country with honor. Now let us honor your service and protect your home. At 7 Mortgage we appreciate your service and know that you risk your lives to protect our freedom.
The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) was enacted to help ease financial obligations for military members and their families as they enter active duty as well as when transitioning back to civilian life.
Limits on Interest Rates
If you enter active duty and have an existing mortgage loan, you may be entitled to a lower interest rate. Lenders generally cannot impose an interest rate exceeding 6% on debts incurred prior to active duty.
Extended Benefit beyond Your Service Period
For mortgage loans, the benefit extends 12 months beyond your period of military service.
- Active Duty Servicemembers
- Reservists serving on Active Duty
- Commissioned officers of the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration and Public Health Service on active service
- Dependents and spouses of Servicemembers in active duty (some benefits only)
- Under the SCRA, spouses of active duty servicemembers are eligible for benefits if they are jointly liable with the servicemember for the account obligations.
- The following branches of the military are eligible for assistance:
- Army (including Army reserves)
- Navy (including Navy reserves)
- Marine Corps (including Marine Corps reserves)
- Air Force (including Air Force reserves)
- Coast Guard (including Coast Guard reserves)
- Commissioned Officers of the U.S. Public Health Service
- Commissioned Officers of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
In order to expedite the review of your request, please provide us with the following:
- A letter on official letterhead from your commanding officer containing the following:
- Your full name, including middle initial
- Your Social Security number and date of birth
- Your home address
- Signature of your commanding officer
- Acknowledgement that the information will be relied upon by a creditor
- Commanding officer’s telephone number (for verification purposes)
Please send all documents to:
c/o RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing Corporation
PO BOX 19210
Charlotte, NC 28219-0229